Welcome to The Dish!
We are The Dish, a local Christian organisation providing food, friendship and inclusive community to disadvantaged people in the Hornsby area.
- Provide meals to up to 40 people, in conjunction with Fusion five nights a week.
- Offer friendship from an accepting community.
- Rescue fresh food that would otherwise be wasted from local supermarkets and bakeries so that disadvantaged people can benefit from it.
Part of St John's Uniting Church at Wahroonga, we don’t ask questions about why people use us, we are simply glad they do.
Looking for a meal?
If you would like a healthy, free meal, then you have come to the right place.
At 6:00pm from Monday to Friday, five nights a week, we will serve you a nourishing two course meal with a chat at 5 Jersey Street Hornsby, near Hornsby Station. Here we are on the map.
We will also offer you some fresh food to take home.
Thank you to our volunteer organisations
Without our volunteers, the work of The Dish would not be possible.
We would like to thank the following groups:
- St Leo's School
- Newington College
- OLPS West Pymble
- St Patrick's Asqutih
- OLOR Waitara
- St Bernard's Berowra
- Sacred Heart Pymble
- Knox Grammar
- St Edmund's
- St Stephen's Anglican Church Normanhurst
- Sydney Adventist Hospital Wahroonga
- St John's Anglican Beecroft
- Turramurra Uniting Church
- St John's Uniting Wahroonga
- St Vincent de Paul
- Holy Name Wahroonga
- Church of JC Latter Day Saints
In the news